Views
Helpful
Replies

VoiceGateway translation rule

cbonjovi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I've found this translation rule on a Cisco example.

How to reduce it on a single rule using wildcards?

translation-rule 1

rule 0 10.% 0

rule 1 11.% 1

rule 2 12.% 2

rule 3 13.% 3

rule 4 14.% 4

rule 5 15.% 5

rule 6 16.% 6

rule 7 17.% 7

rule 8 18.% 8

rule 9 19.% 9

11 Replies 11

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

dumartin
Level 1
Level 1

Can you explain what you are trying to translate?

yraps
Level 1
Level 1

It will help me to give you an answer if had known what is the output you are expcting to get.

Please provide an example

You can have a translation rule add a 1 to all calls. Or you can have it remove a 1 from all calls. What are you trying to do? What are you trying to add or remove?

I have to remove 1 from all calls with a translation rule.

Example:

incoming called number is 5100

I want to strip 5 and leave 100

Sorry for the late

Christian

If you are using this with a callmanager and it is alway something like triming the number down from 4 to 3 digits. You can just check the sig digits box on the gateway page in ccmadmin and set the num digits to 3. That way the gateway will only collect the 3 digits starting at the right.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

No, I'm not using Call Manager.

Only a gateway.

Regards,

Christian

dumartin
Level 1
Level 1

What are you trying to reduce it to? You can make it smaller, but what are you trying to do. Give me an example and I will see if there is something for you. Do you want a 1 in front of every call, a 2, a 3.......I cant give you a good example without knowing what you want to do.

So these are my aims:

for every voip incoming calls, I would like to strip the initial digit

Example:

incoming calls 5100 becomes 100.

Regards

use the command "forward-digits 3" under the dial-peer (it will send the last 3 digits) or the translation rule:

translation-rule 1

rule 1 ^51 1

Check the following URL for details:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_r/vrf_t.htm#xtocid74

Ok, but:

1) concerning voip dial-peer, there are not forward-digit command. This would be exactly what I have to do

2) I want to make this more general, I mean a rule able to strip first digit (same as forward-digit 3)

Regards,

Christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: