cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoiceMail and AA problem on a Muti-site Centralized call processing

lopezasp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation that my company established a new site and I use only one call manager and one voice mail. Our company dont want to put another call manager on the branch office because it has only 5 people working on that area. We are currently using Call Manager 3.1, Unity 2.4.6 and auto attendant. All the users on the head office can check their voicemail via messages button on their IP Phones while the users on the Branch office hear only busy signal. And also our IT consultant want to put 4 trunklines on the branch office and use the existing AA of the head office but the problem is when I call the one of the trunkline I did not hear anything.

Need your help!

Thanks,

Andy

6 Replies 6

mysterx
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure the phones in the branch office have a calling search space that would allow them to dial the voice mail pilot, and make sure that message key is assigned to the pilot DN.

You may need to provide more information about the one-way audio problem.

Thank you for your response

Actually it was working if I use the g711 codec on the region but it will consume a lot of my bandwitdh. I have only 128 Kbps connection from branch office to the head office and we want to get atleast 5 calls on simultaneosly. But when I use G739 codec thats the time I encounter the problem.

fyi, I am using the Region on defining the codec of the codec.

Is there any other options..

Unity 2.46 does not have G.729 enabled by default - suggest you look at:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=2457&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5')">http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=2457&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5

This is the Unity forum.

If you are using the Cisco AA then that doesn't support G.729 yet and you will need a hardware transcoder (VG200, Cat4/6k).

Justin

You've hit the nail on the head,

The problem is Codecs, Unity by default only supports G.711 and the AA ONLY supports G.711 (Cisco when will you get your finger out and fix this).

It is possible to get Unity to use G.729, but I'm not a Unity Guy so try the Unity boards for the answer to that one, as for AA you'll have to use a transcoder to switch from G.711 to G.729 or put up with high bandwidth calls.

Paul

Thank you very much guys for your response.

By the way Paul, regarding the AA. Can you give me some guidelines on how to transcode from G.711 to G.729. I am sorry, I'm new with the IP telephony.

Thanks

It really depends on your hardware.

to do transcoding you need to be using either a cat 6606-e1/t1 blade or a VG-200 with a dsp-farm module. These are then registered with the call manager as a transcoding resource, which is then placed in a media resource group which in turn is in a media resource list. The media resource list is then assigned to all devices on the call manager. I say all devices, all relevant devices depending on system size is probably more accurate.

Any device that tries to call another device with an incompatible codec will then use the transcoding resource to complete the call.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: