Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voicemail exits after greeting

I am having a strange problem with a Unity 4.0(4) mailbox...

After it plays the greeting, the unity voice asks if you would like to enter an extension, waits the 1.5 seconds, then goes "Goodbye". It never allows you to leave a message and never 'beeps' for you to start your message.

I compared the configs with other accounts that are working fine, and I can see no difference. Is it possible this mailbox became corrupted? Anywhere else I should be looking? It is a basic account with no special handlers.

Thanks,

Matt

5 REPLIES

Re: Voicemail exits after greeting

Is the checkbox next to Take Message checked in the After Greeting action?

Any errors in the event logs? Did you try running DBWalker to see if it reports any errors?

checkbox is checked.

no obvious errors.

I ran DBWalker and only got a couple errors on unrelated call handlers missing their wav files.

Ok. Have you checked the status monitor web page , or port status monitor tool to verify the call is indeed using the subscriber your looking at? Maybe it is using some other subscriber, call handler, etc for some reason then what you think it should be.

Also check to see if the alternate, closed, etc transfer/greeting types are enabled.

When I use the monitor and call the voicemail, the correct subscriber greeting shows up, then after the greeting it gets directed immediately to the 'Goodbye' callhandler.

The only other greeting enabled is the 'busy' greeting.

FYI, I created a new account and assigned the DN to that and it works fine... I'm guessing the old account is somehow corrupted and needs to be deleted.

Thanks for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies