cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Icon on the 7960 Phone

jslagle
Level 1
Level 1

In our current config we are running CM3.09 using I3's voicemail platform. The problem that I am experiencing is that the voicemail Icon remains on even though there are no new voicemail messages. (note: the MWI light does turn off). This is only occuring on 7960 phones that has a users main number shared across several other phones. But all the voicemails for that one number goes directly to the main users Outlook account. What do I need to do to fix this?

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure that the CallManager that these 7960 phones are registered to is running 3.0(9)? This was definitely a bug in a previous version of the actual CallManager software that has since been fixed.

We only have two CM's which are both running 3.09. Was this a 3.08 Bug or an earlier release?

It was a bug that was fixed in CallManager 3.0(8) and should only have been present in 3.0(7). The bug ID is CSCdt27672.

When you described the problem, it definitely caught my attention since it is exactly the same as this problem that was there in a previous version.

There are definitely many installations of 3.0(9) in the field and we have not seen this problem in that version at all as far as I have heard.

If you have 2 call managers and you are having the devices register to the subscriber, I would configure MWI off in the service parameters on BOTH call managers. Sometimes call manager is freaky like that.....