Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

voicemail in SRST mode

When there is WAN Failure and a site is enabled for SRST, how does the router access the unity server. I know you configure voicemail (number) in srst config so that when you press the msg button it dials the pilot , but if the WAN is down how does it get to unity?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: voicemail in SRST mode

In order to access unity while in SRST mode, this assumes there is a backup connection to Unity server via the PSTN. Alternatly you could connect an answering machine to an FXS port although this would provide only bare minimum type VM capability.

Steve

Hall of Fame Super Silver

This link should help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00803927ba.html#wp1354142

Something to remember though is that in order for Unity to recognize which voicemail subscriber the call is destined to the service provider needs to support RDNIS, otherwise the caller will be prompted to enter the extention again. Also MWI will not work while in SRST.

Please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

Thanks,

so if I had an FXO / FXS connection back to main office I would need the following on SRST router

voice-port 1/1/1

timing digit 250

timing inter-digit 250

dial-peer voice 1111 pots

destination-pattern 1111T

port 1/1/1

call-manager-fallback

timeouts interdigit 5

ip source-address 10.100.100.1 port 2000

max-ephones 24

max-dn 24

transfer-pattern 3...

voicemail 1111

call-forward busy 1111

call-forward noan 1111 timeout 3

at the other end (router) would I need a VOIP dial peer to match 1111 and then forward to CM?

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Silver

This will work in a situation when you cannot coonect to CCM but you can connect to Unity as the 1111 is your vm pilot number.

If your WAN is down and you cannot connect to Unity either then you would need to specify the entire phone number to reach the GW at central site where Unity resides.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content