Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Voicemail issue

The problem is that when someone gets tranfered into someones voicemail the first couple seconds of the voicemail message get cut off. Is there a way to put a couple second delay in playing the voicemail so this does not happen?

Thanks,

Mike

8 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Voicemail issue

Is the person that is initiating the transfer staying on the call until they hear the voicemail actually pick up before connecting the call?

No not that I am aware of.....why? would that cause this type of problem?

More info that might help...

When you transfer a call into voicemail, "Cisco recommends you press Transfer as soon as possible. Otherwise part of the greeting could be inaudible to the transferred party".

I tested this scenario and you need to press the Transfer button immediately after the last number to avoid cutting off the beginning of the voice mail greeting.

I am hoping there is some setting I can make to put some type of delay in so you don't have to be so quick in hitting the transfer button.

Mike

I have the same problem on my current setup with Unity 4.2 and CCM 4.1(3). I can not figure out how to get a delay going.

Community Member

We are running CM 4.0(5).

our implementation engineer pointed out this issue to us, and told us that there is currently no way around the problem, other than instruction users to press the 2nd as quickly as possible.

Hopefully this will be addressed in some future CM release.

Community Member

i had experienced the same issue with having to press the transfer as soon as poosible to avoid this. That is why I was asking. I don't know of a way to set a delay. Maybe someone will chime in with a better solution

Silver

But how is this different? Does this "slow" down the process of the transfer to Unity so the person being transferred can hear the greeting?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content