Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voicemail lights quit working

This morning none of the voicemail indicators work on either the 7910 or 7960 phones. I have reset the CallManager and the VoiceMail server. I don't see anything wrong on either of the servers. The only thing that changed over the weekend was daylight savings time.

What would cause these lights to suddenly stop working after working perfectly for over a year?

Matthew Schlawin

2 REPLIES

Re: Voicemail lights quit working

What voicemail server are you using? If you are using a VM server that requires SMDI interface, then do you have the "Cisco Messaging Interface" running on more than one server in your cluster. If so and if you do not have a redundant SMDI cable that is connected to each server, then you will want to stop the service on the Callmanager server(s) that are not listed in the Service Parameter as the Callmanager that is handling the SMDI interface.

In other words:

1. Check the Service Parameter for Cisco Messaging Interface and get the Callmanager IP address that is listed in the “CallManagerName” service parameter.

2. Check the Control Center for server(s) that are running the Cisco Messaging Interface. If you have more than one server that is running the Cisco Messaging Interface, then you can stop the service on the servers that are not listed in the Service Parameter. This will return service back to the Callmanager that has the serial cable that is connected to the VM server.

If you are using Cisco’s Unity, then Dave or someone else will need to help you. We use Avaya’s Unified Messaging and it uses SMDI for the MWI function.

Re: Voicemail lights quit working

We are using the "old" Cisco uOne voicemail. I went into services and stopped and restarted all of the uOne services. Even after resetting the phones, none of the lights will come on, but it now appears that any new voicemails will activate the light correctly. If you have a message that arrived yesterday, you won't know it until you get another new one.

Oh well, I've seen stranger things!

Matthew Schlawin

Views
Helpful
Replies