Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail not working after several IP phones are in busy/not answering mode

Erik Estrada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem regarding our voicemail system using a CME-CUE infrastructures. It seems that if our Sales and Marketing dept are all busy or no one answer the call it will call forward to the other dept (Reservation).

In reality the voicemail auto-attendant will prompt the client if nobody answer the call in our Sales and Marketing dept.

In our office we have 2 sets for grouping of phone lines. ( Sales and Marketing / Reservations )

Tel : 6737 6696 - Sales and Marketing

Tel : 6737 9955 - Reservations

Now what caller calls 6737 6696, there are a few numbers in the queue and if these numbers are not available, it should be diverted to voice mail. However now the calls are coming into 6737 9955.

1 Reply 1

Erik Estrada
Level 1
Level 1

I just resolved my own issue :

By removing some extension number included in the ephone-hut 1 config

The following example defines sequential hunt group number 1. When callers dial extension 5601, the first phone to ring is 5001, then 5002, 5017, and 5028. If none of those extensions answers, the call is forwarded to extension 6000, which is the number for the voice-mail service.

Router(config)# ephone-hunt 1 sequential

Router(config-ephone-hunt)# pilot 5601

Router(config-ephone-hunt)# list 5001, 5002, 5017, 5028

Router(config-ephone-hunt)# final 6000

Router(config-ephone-hunt)# preference 1

Router(config-ephone-hunt)# timeout 30

Router(config-ephone-hunt)# exit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: