Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voicemail problem

Hello all,

I run CCM 4 and Unity servers. There are 3-digit extensions and external lines. My problem is as follows:

I found that if I dial from an extension (internal call) any number assigned to a user (his extension or alternate extension), the voicemail is delivered to both user's voicemail box and his e-mail, but if I dial user's external line (that is asiigned to the user as his alternate extension as well), I can hear the voicemail greeting and prompt to leave a message, but the voicemail is not delivered to the user. It seems that Unity differentiates between calls that originate from internal extension and external phone number.

What may be the problem?

Thank you.

Arkadiy

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Voicemail problem

You may be hitting several Unity bugs depending what version you are running. Check folder on Unity server c:\CommServer\UnityMTA to see if messages are stuck there. Unity MTA is used to forward messages from external callers. I think there is a problem with unity MTA.

Cisco Employee

Re: Voicemail problem

If you are dialing from an internal extension that is a unity subscriber, the message is delivered to the receipient via UnityMsgStore account.

If you are dialing from an internal extension that is NOT a unity subscriber, or pstn caller, the message is delivered by the unity_ account. The problem is going to be tied to that account. Did someone move that account's mailbox from the Exchange partner server, or deleted, or disabled that account?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content