cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voicemail saved as .tmp

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br><br>I am using Unity 2.4.6, Exchange 5.5, CM 3.1. With in the last couple of days one or two users have started getting voicemial that shows up as nsmail.tmp instead of the normal wav file. This doesnt happen with all their voicemail, just a few. I looked through the event logs and dont notice anything weird. I was wondering if someone might know why this is happening or point me the right direction to find out why.<br><br>Thanks,<br>David<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Any chance there's an anti virus package at play somewhere here?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Yes norton is installed on Unity , it is also installed on Exchange, but that has been there for several months now. I just found out that one user has messages saved as .tmp, two others are getting notifications of voicemail but when they go to open it there is nothing there. They have checked with the caller and they had left a message, the attachment just doesnt come through. Could norton be causing a problem now? I can remove it to see. Nothing that I know of has changed recently to be causing any problems. Any ideas where to look for clues?

Thanks,
David

Not applicable

those temp files are almost certainly being generated by Norton... I'd reccomend turning it off to see if the problem clears and going from there.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Ok, looks like microsoft rich text was the problem. It had been enabled system wide in Exchange and seems to have caused problems for these 3 users. It looks like everything is working correctly now. Thanks, David

Not applicable

I have disabled Norton on Unity, Exchange, and the user's pc. Still getting the voicemail as a temp file. Also checked the user whos voicemail is disappearing. They do not have any virus software currently installed, I called and left them a message, they got it in their inbox but it contained no wav attachment. There appear to only be 3 users that are affected by this. Any further suggestions?

Not applicable

Nothing comes immediately to mind... something external to Unity is munging those messages, however... Unity is not going to suddently decide to start saving voice mail attachments as .TMP files named with "NS" at the start on it's own... honest.

Keep banging around on the virus stuff... I'm betting something somewhere is getting hold of those messages from the time they're left to the time they get to those users' mailboxes.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com