Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voicemail

Directory handler can transfer incoming calls to user's voicemail box but when people dial user's direct number, it goes to main Unity answering system instead of their own voicemail box. Could you please let me know how can I fix this problem? Thanks <br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Voicemail

Are you doing release or supervised transfers to those user's extensions? If you're doing release transfers, it cold be that the forwarding information is not there or not correct...

if you call the user's extension directly, does it forward to their greeting or does it go to the opening greeting?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I did try release and supervised transfers to those user's extensions but none of them worked.

What do you mean by 'forwarding information'?

If I call the user's extension directly, it forwards to the Unity opening greeting.

Anonymous
N/A

The last sentence in your post there points to the problem at hand... if you call a user's extension directly and it forwards to voice mail, the switch SHOULD be sending us information (via serial or analog or digital means depending on which switch you're hooked up to) that tells us which extension is calling, where it forwarded from and why it got to us (i.e. it forwarded ring no answer). Armed with this information we will get the caller to the greeting of the user who owns that extension number.

If this isn't working your switch is not programmed properly or the integration to that switch is not properly configured in Unity. You definitely need to get this squared away regardless.

If we're doing supervised transfers this should still work since we're not letting go of the call. We simply hookflash, dial the extension and wait to see if someone answers or not or it's busy or whatever. If no one answers the phone we hook flash again and take the caller back. This should always work. The only reason it wouldn't is if the call progress information (i.e. the ringback tones or busy tones the switch is playing back to us when we dial the extension) is not being recognized properly. For instance you have some weird ring pattern programmed into the switch (i.e. a double ring or something) and the call progress routines think a user has answered the phone and we release the call.... the switch then will forward the call back to us.

It would be unusual for the ringback patterns to be so out of whack they were not recognized like that... I'm deeply skeptical that's the issue. It sounds to me like you have it setup to do release transfers and the switch programming/Unity integration configuration is not properly setup so the calls are not being forwarded where they should be.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.