Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voicemails have bad sound quality

I am running a Call Manager 3.1(3a) system with Unity 3.0 Build 3.0(3). We just recently encountered a problem where we will have occasional sound quality issues. Some voicemails are extremely hard to understand. They sound as if they are coming from a cell phone that is breaking up, when I know they are coming from land lines. I recently installed Terminal services on my server to access it remotely. Could this be the cause of my problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Voicemails have bad sound quality

I can't see how terminal services would be doing anything here... you never know I suppose.

Do they sound "clipped" (i.e. as if they came in too loud and they "broke up" while recording)? There's issues external to Unity that can cause this type of thing, of course, but from Unity's side of the fence we introduced AGC (Automatic Gain Control) in 3.1 to help with varying volume issues while recording messages which is a common cause of audio quality issues. Here's the section in the release notes on that for 3.1(4) which you might want to look over:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/tsg/tsg314/tsg_0450.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content