Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP between 2 offices

s-ariga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi freinds

I am newbie to VOIP..Plz help me on some doubts I have.

I got 2 FXs cards installed on the both side routers.I have pulled 2 analog trunk cables to Epabxs at the both ends.

1.Can I conect FXs cards to EPABX ?

2.Can I use the existing digital Extensions phones .Do I need to have analog Extension at user end.

3.Can I connect to digital trunk of the EPABX. and get the exisitng digital Extensions speaking.?

thanks in advance

SP

3 Replies 3

mhayek
Level 1
Level 1

I assume that when you say EPABX, you mean a Private branch exchange switch. You can connect the FXS ports on the router to FXS ports on the PBX ( analog FXS port)

You can still use your existing digital phones with th ePBX, but they cannot be conencted to the router FXS ports, only analog phones can be connected to FXS port.

You can connect a digital trunk of the PBX to the router using a NM-HDV with a VWIC-2MFT-T1 type card plugged in, which will give you digital T-1 access to the PBX. THe PBX will need to have a digital T-1 interface to connect to this.

jasminmanvar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

1)U can't connect ur FXS card to EPBX u have to use FXO card for that.

Jasmin Manvar

1) U CAN connect ur FXS card to EPBX analog trunk (usually trunk is used to connect CO);

2) U can connect ur FXO card to EPBX ANALOG line (usually line in PBX is digital) and FXO is not recommended to connect 2 PBXs.