Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VoIP call routing/forwarding problem??

2610 router with 4 FXS interfaces was configured as our voice gateway on the branch side. H323 gatekeeper of another 2610 is still working on HQ. 3640 is the voice gateway at HQ site. There is not any problem of 2610/3640 while registering with gatekeeper. IOSs are all "c2600-is-mz.122-5a.bin" IP Plus.

On branch side, following config is running:

dial-peer voice 20 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ras

ip precedence 5

!

dial-peer voice 21 voip

destination-pattern 02165223...

session target ipv4:10.81.3.161

ip precedence 5

!

We have desired to send all unmatched calls to ras by using "dial-peer voice 20 voip". However, it did not work properly. Thus, we had to add "dial-peer voice 21 voip" for the sake of operation. Without dial-peer 21, we did not manage to forwarding calls to HQ gateway.

Could you help me to progress? What was wrong with 'destination-pattern .T'?

Thanks

Onur

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: VoIP call routing/forwarding problem??

Onur,

Assuming that you have gatekeeper properly setup and that gateway is registered to it (i.e. "session target ras" is properly sending calls to the gatekeeper or RAS device), I believe your problem may be the leading wild-card ".". Some documentation indicates that a leading "." cannot be used on the 3600 platform. Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_r/vrf_d.htm#xtocid7.

I would try a leading digit followed by the T and see if that works.

Remember that the T tells the gateway to wait for the inter-digit timeout, which by default is 10 seconds. This is a long time and may also be causing you some problems. You may want to adjust the default inter-digit timeout to speed up the call-setup and see if that fixes your problem.

Thanks,

Jordy

Views
Helpful
Replies
作成コンテンツを作成するには してください