VoIP CDR logging

k-belian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I really need some advice on this one.

I'm collecting CDR records on a Syslog server to track VoIP calls. The

gateways (3640s) are sending the info and I can differentiate between CDR

sources using the IP adddresses of the access servers.

My question is: in case I have a gatekeeper, can I log all voice

traffic info on the gatekeeper.

If yes then how can I differntiate between records from different

gateways.

I really appreciate any help.

thanx

8 Replies 8

jwang
Level 1
Level 1

yes, u can log CDR only from GK. the log will tell u the origination and termination GW IP if you use start-stop logging.

Hello,

I have heard and seen that Gatekeeper billing (cdr collection) tends to be incomplete. Can you please tell me how you have corrected this. I have found that I have a 20% discepency with Gatekeeper billing. Please help....?

Thanks you

Would this be the reason that some people recommend billing from the GW's CDR's, instead from the GK's CDR's?

That would be why I am doing it. I can't afford to miss out on 20% of my billing capability.

jwang
Level 1
Level 1

GK CDR is lack of some information such as Call Leg Connect Cause. and the "Call Leg Connect Time" is not accurate. it always includes the ringing period no matter the call is answered or not. however, GW CDR has full information and accurate Call Leg Connect Time, but every call there will be at least 4 entries of CDR collected from originating and terminating GWs.

The only real accurtae way for a GK to collect CDR's is to do Gatekeeper routed call signaling. In that model the GK knows exactly when the call is setup and torn down. You might look into a GK that can use this model.

How is your gateway setup so that it dumps CDRs to a syslog?