cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Codec match-list for POTS

net-sol
Level 1
Level 1

I want to list multiple codecs when calls are terminated on my router (Using AS5300) depents on what the terminating party uses should be accessed. We have many different vendors (including non-cisco) using different codec, terminating calls on us.

Secondly if its not possible then how can i fix one codec on POTS. I know i can do the voice class codec but it is for VoIP dial-peer and can also use Codec command under it. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

do the following -

voice-class codec 1

codec preference 1 g729r8

codec preference 2 g711ulaw

codec preference 3 g723r53

etc ...

dial-peer voice 999 voip

incoming called-number .

voice class codec 1

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha h245-signal cisco-rtp

ip precedence 5

the 'incoming called-number .' will match on any incoming VOIP call and set up the defined parameters on the dial peer. Since we have applied a voice class codec that list multiple codecs, it will negotiate the most suitable codec according to the preferences.

Therefore, you can terminate calls from multiple different devices using different codecs, dtmf relay options etc...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I don't think it is possible to have a list of multiple codecs to match with the incoming calls codecs. I would be curious to know, if this is possible.

And about your second question, i m not very sure if it works for AS5300 or not, but generally, you should be able to fix the codec for a voip dial peer.

More on this in the following document.

Configuring VoIP Dial Peers

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_c/vvfpeers.htm#xtocid13

Thanks for your reply. I even try the Codec command under VoIP dial-peer but then the calls were not successful. If it depents on the terminating side VcWare then that codec was in the compatibility list any idea ??. A little detail of system for indepth overview.

Router-1 originating

dial-peer voice 40 voip

description ******

destination-pattern xxx

session target ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

codec g723r63

ip qos dscp cs5 media

Router-2 Terminating

Router-2#sh vfc 1 cap-list

Capability List for VFC in slot 1:

1. cor-vfc-hc-l.3.4.27l.bin

2. bas-vfc-hc-l.3.4.27l.bin

3. fax-vfc-hc-l.3.4.27l.bin

4. cdc-g711-hc-l.3.4.27l.bin

5. cdc-g726-hc-l.3.4.27l.bin

6. cdc-g729-hc-l.3.4.27l.bin

7. cdc-g728-hc-l.3.4.27l.bin

8. cdc-g723.1-hc-l.3.4.27l.bin

The calls just work on the default codec g729r8 which i dont want to use. Any help will highly be appricaited.

do the following -

voice-class codec 1

codec preference 1 g729r8

codec preference 2 g711ulaw

codec preference 3 g723r53

etc ...

dial-peer voice 999 voip

incoming called-number .

voice class codec 1

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha h245-signal cisco-rtp

ip precedence 5

the 'incoming called-number .' will match on any incoming VOIP call and set up the defined parameters on the dial peer. Since we have applied a voice class codec that list multiple codecs, it will negotiate the most suitable codec according to the preferences.

Therefore, you can terminate calls from multiple different devices using different codecs, dtmf relay options etc...

Perfect response. ample of thanks it solved my problem. catch you on other issues.