Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VoIP Deployment

My company is going to deploy Voip to the network. We have about 10 major sites with about 10,000 phones. I hope someone could give me suggestion of what tools I should use for pre-deployment; for exampele, NetIQ or NetQos to analysis and remediate the network before we put ip telephony to the network.

Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: VoIP Deployment

You might want to take a look at the Viola NetAlly products. They're very nice and do a great job. A little pricey, though, but I'd definitely give them some consideration.

I think the network piece of the picture is the easy part, its the documention of the existing PBX system configuration

- ACD groups

- number of lines on a phone. (determines 7940 or 7960 series to purchase, or even 7914 options)

- voicemail migrations to Unity platform.

- testing a dual platform with CCM running and old PBX.

- PSTN services.. what stays, what goes

- analog support.... modems, faxes, 1mbs, etc.

- what type of training to support or provide

- headset replacements

- tie lines and existing routing patterns to other sites

I have been at a client for the past 6 months preparing just preparing for migrating 1000 phones... at one site.... from a 15 year PBX.... it's much bigger than anyone every thinks.

drop me a line if you need some advice

cheers!

I want to know what tools I should get for pre-deployment. Some of the function from the tools should show me where are the latency and bottle neck.and what kind of QoS technique I should use to fix the problems.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content