Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VoIP Fax

I have a VG200 IOS 12.2.2XN that I am configuring for a FAX line. I have configured an FXS card and can have inbound and outbound calls but on inbound calls the FAX does not 'pickup' to receive the incoming FAX. ?? Thanks for any help.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: VoIP Fax

I know this may sound like I'm teaching you to suck eggs but, have you tried plugging a regular analogue phone into the port and checking that rings for incoming calls.

If the phone rings for the incoming calls then it comes down to the fax machine either not liking the ring cadence of the port or the REN value of the total devices on the port being too high (if you have multiple devices in parallel).

Either way if the phone rings it's a FAX machine problem

Paul

Re: VoIP Fax

I would definitely make sure an analog phone would work first. If it does are you using MGCP or H323? I am not sure if they worked out all of the bugs for MGCP on the VG200 in 12.2.2XN. Also, are you specifying a Fax rate? I found that by not having a fax rate and no VAD on the dial peer helped us.

Stephen

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.