Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VoIP managemnt tools

I am new to VoIP. Could someone give me suggestion of what tools I should get for monitoring Cisco VoIP network; for example Cisco Voice manger 3.0, how useful is it? And I feel QPM is very poor.

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: VoIP managemnt tools

ciscoWorks ITEM or the successor IPC 1.1 (ip communications operations manager) works very nice.

this is a very good avvid monitoring tool. that along with RTMT (provided with callManager) or NetIQ are a nice way to start with monitoring your IPT environment.

QPM is the QoS policy manager; used more for deploying and managing QoS. not really a monitoring solution for IPT.

VoiceManager 3.0 is also a configuration tool, not really a monitoring solution for IPT.

see this link for cisco's new ITEM successor IPC 1.1:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6535/index.html

Before I read you message, I just found something that looks very useful.i.e.

1.) Cisco Unified Operations Manager

2.) Cisco Unified Service Monitor

3.) Cisco Voice Provisioning Tool (VPT)

4.) Cisco Network Application Performance Analysis (NAPA) Solution

These products seem quite new. Could someone tell me how good are they? And what version of Call manager they will support?

Thanks

I'd also like to know how well the above tools work. I have requested that Cisco give us a demo on this so we can see it working, this will enable us to evaluate it and what benefits it can bring to us which can then be passed on to our clients. We currently only use E Health and Cisco Works, and NetIQ for initial voice readiness testing. At the moment we are not entirely satisfied with the info these tools can provide. I'll provide details on the outcome of this once I have seen the product in action.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.