Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP over ISDN

I am attempting to configure a "home office" solution for myself, using an ISDN connection from my home to the office. I would like to be able to support 2-5 IP7960 phones at my house using just the CM and UM servers located at the office. Is this configuration possible? Is the voice quality acceptable? What other considerations are there?

Thanks for the input.....

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: VOIP over ISDN

Yes, this is possible. I've done a job with 30 home offices and a central AS5300. These circuits were nailed up all the time, but the customer had a deal with the local phone co. Make sure you know the implications of the phone company charges for your circuit. Bond both B-Channels and use routers that have decent queuing capabilities. Cisco 804s work fine at the home office. Also use G729 codec so you can place more than 1 call at a time. Voice quality was excellent once you find the right queuing settings. Remember that UM is probably using G711 so you will have to transcode when callers roll to voicemail. Of course that completely depends on the complete design.

Good luck

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content