cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP Over VPN

gkiboneka
Level 1
Level 1

any one has experience with VOIP over VPN, using same service provider for T1 links to internet

2 Replies 2

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Yes! I am running 18 locations (average 10 people per location) on VPN connections with T1 on At&t's backbone. It works awesome!! I designed it, implemented it, and everyone is loving it!! Go for it, the quality is astounding.

Geoff

Ditto. I am running VoIP over VPN on the UUNet backbone with a 768k link at 5 different sites back to a T1. If your providor can give you the right SLA and you stay on the same providor the entire time I say go for it as well. Call quality is so much better than over the PSTN that it is sometimes unbelievable! I even ran VoIP over VPN over a 128k ISDN line from UUNet and that worked great as well. Didn't leave much bandwidth for data when a call was present though. I have only 1 person per site but they are permanantly remote hence the dedicated bandwidth.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: