Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

voip over wirless lan it is possilbe ,i mean over radio frequency

i have to issues here,

i have one site connected to another site by wireless bridges and the distance between the sites is 10 km ,i need to implement voip between the sites ,what i should do or consider,and what equipment do i need,

to connect pbx to the network i do not have router in the remote site ,

what configuration i should follow.

another issue if i have two sites connected by 64 kbps lease line ,in each site i need to integrate the routers by e&m card to the pbx what i have to do to configure to have good quality

1 REPLY

Re: voip over wirless lan it is possilbe ,i mean over radio freq

VoIP is just an ip packet so yes if you can transport data properly over your wireless area, then you can do so with voip as well. What may cause a very serious problem is the DELAY; wireless networks are still very slow and as far as voip is concerned, 150msec RTT is ideally required and you can still go up to possibly 300-350msec RTT but anything above that will cause degradation of your voice quality. So keep those mind.

Furthermore, a 64k link is very small , you have to do fragmentation so voice is not additionally delayed, and you can only do about 4 or 5 calls IF you turn on cRTP (header compression).

Hope this helps. All the best.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content