Views
Helpful
Replies

voip over wirless lan it is possilbe ,i mean over radio frequency

abakhashwin
Level 1
Level 1

i have to issues here,

i have one site connected to another site by wireless bridges and the distance between the sites is 10 km ,i need to implement voip between the sites ,what i should do or consider,and what equipment do i need,

to connect pbx to the network i do not have router in the remote site ,

what configuration i should follow.

another issue if i have two sites connected by 64 kbps lease line ,in each site i need to integrate the routers by e&m card to the pbx what i have to do to configure to have good quality

1 Reply 1

fbahram
Level 1
Level 1

VoIP is just an ip packet so yes if you can transport data properly over your wireless area, then you can do so with voip as well. What may cause a very serious problem is the DELAY; wireless networks are still very slow and as far as voip is concerned, 150msec RTT is ideally required and you can still go up to possibly 300-350msec RTT but anything above that will cause degradation of your voice quality. So keep those mind.

Furthermore, a 64k link is very small , you have to do fragmentation so voice is not additionally delayed, and you can only do about 4 or 5 calls IF you turn on cRTP (header compression).

Hope this helps. All the best.