Cisco Support Community
Community Member

VoIP peering

Are there any providers or NAP's that only carry VoIP traffic? No other IP traffic on those pipes...

Community Member

Re: VoIP peering

take a look at genuity.

Community Member

Another company that might be interesting to look at:

Community Member

There are a few VoIP Service Providers out there.

Genuity is one. As a former customer, the service was good, I'd hope they have worked out some more bugs (specifically with echo). They can support both H323 or SIP. As a shareholder, please go with genuity. Also as a shareholder, i'd be careful, company isn't doing so well. The products are good and the people are top knotch, I hope they can turn things around.

We've looked at AT&T as well, looked like a good solution. I believe they can only handle H323, not sure. Cost was definately an issue.

Delta Three also a good provider, looked hard at them, cost was the defining factor. Seemed like top knotch people.

Another source is Appia, really interesting solution. They can handle H323 and CCM inter-cluster trunks. Pricing was very competitive.

We're in a holding pattern currently with off-loading some of our VoIP LD. Appia and Delta three are my two picks right now. There may be some other players out there now.

Tim Medley, CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

CreatePlease to create content