Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voip phone (SIP) -> Asterisk (SIP)-> PGW2200->SS7

I have the setup of a hitachi wireless phone (WIP5000) talking to asterisk and it talks to PGW2200 on SIP. I get halfway audio (from the SS7 side to the SIP device but not vice versa. There's no NAT involved.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

I tried to upgrade the PGW2200 to the latest patch release (hoping it has a lot of SIP fixes) but this resulted in loosing some ISDN trunks (really puzzling, even when creating a new config, show-dest:all shows no entries for ISDN PRI ports).

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Voip phone (SIP) -> Asterisk (SIP)-> PGW2200->SS7

No I'm familiar with the examples and tech notes already. They don't explain why the voice is only one way. Its either a probem on the media gateways or the Asterisk. Some debugging has shown that the codecs are correctly negotiated (if not the call would usually drop at connect time anyway). I've read some hints about the use or non use of SIP's REINVITE to avoid a similar problem with the end device but that didn't made a change for once.

PS the patch release issue I mentioned before is fixed. This was just a package I skipped by mistake. but the halfway audio remains.

The problem is solved.

The upgrade headake was simply a skipped ISDN package. Simple error, disasterous effect.

The one way voice was the fact that the AS5300 who runs the RTP stream was signalling back to be connected on a IP address which is connected on the loopback 0 interface. However that IP address was not routed so the Asterisk couldnt send RTP packets to it. So thats why packets from Asterisk to the PGW/AS5300 where silent. Packets from the AS5300 where hitting the asterisk as its IP address was known in the IP routing.

I figured this out by doing a debug mgcp packet on th e AS5300 and watched the packet and suddendly realized there was an IP in it which doesnt belong there.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content