cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP problems

elimachi
Level 1
Level 1

I´m configuring two Cisco 1751V router for data and voice service between two sites. This router has two voice ports in both sites, two FXS in one end and two FXO in the other.

Sometimes, when a customer in site A makes call to site B, or viceversa, the customer in the far end can´t listen to the customer in the near end. I´m using the MLPPP with cRTP.

What can be the problem? Is it a configuration problem? or hardware problem?.

3 Replies 3

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a problem with cRTP. Make sure you are runing the latest verions of IOS, there have been several issues associated with cRTP in older version of IOS.

I´m working with c1700-sv3y--mz.122-4.xw

Do you Know what version have I to use?

I would start with looking at the QoS. If the audio is there sometimes the router is set right. The bad QoS will cause the audio to not pass. Yoe are running a current IOS which has many fixes in it. If I were to suggest anything it would be 12.2(6a) or later. This has DSP fixes in it. But you havent mentioned seeing any DSP errors so I would think the code is working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: