Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VoIP QoS Over BVI Interface - Possible?

Hi,

I have another weird scenario. A customer has a Centralized IPT Environment working without any problem. Lately they add another branch office but this time they use wireless connection with some provider. Originally the provider was giving IP address to the wireless nodes and we told them to not use IP address because we don't want the Wireless Antennas to be a node in the network because it will complicate the routing and also because then we will need to contact the provider every time we do a change in the L3 domain.

So the antennas (don't know exactly which model they are... they aren't CISCO) only do a bridging flavor and we make it work using IRB on the end routers. So now the link is up and running.

Now they are using IPT accross that wireless link which the delay is good..15-20ms. The problem is that sometimes during the day the voice is choppy. I was trying to apply some QoS over the BVI interface but I can't find a QoS to apply to it in order to prioritize Voice traffic over any other traffic.

I'm unable to apply LLQ, IP RTP PRIORITY, etc,etc.. So my question is... IS there any QoS at all thay I can apply on the BVI interface in order to have a priority queue for voice traffic??

Thanks and sorry for the long post..

TIA,

-Jose

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: VoIP QoS Over BVI Interface - Possible?

BVI is a logical interface, so it's not possible to do any queueing on it, it must be done on physical interfaces. You cannot apply the service policy to the BVI interfaces as these interfaces are virtual and do not support any fancy queuing methods (other than FIFO).

So there is no way to apply QoS on BVI interfaces?.. let say for example to VoIP traffic...

Any ideas?

TIA,

-Jose

just bind your policy-map to physical interface

int f0/0

no ip add

service-policy out llq

Good to know that... But will that actually works without any L3 inteligence on that particular Physical Interface..

TIA,

-Jose

Views
Helpful
Replies