Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

VoIP real scenarios

I am in the NYC area and would like to see some real live scenarios of VoIP in action ie. implementations, problems etc. Any suggestions?

Thank You

3 REPLIES

Re: VoIP real scenarios

We have implemented VOIP on a small scale currently (16 phones) and are expanding. The biggest issues are the political issues. The technical issues we have overcome. I can give you more detail, just send me your contact information and I can explain. Our Cisco sales engineer has implemented VOIP with Jabil circuits across the globe..

Thank you for your reply.

Here's my contact Info..

Martin Elmore

Information Technology Manager

GSA/ Federal Technology Service

Northeast & Caribbean Region II

26 Federal Plaza Room 1809

NYC, NY 10278

212-264-4539

marty.elmore@gsa.gov

We have used VoIP for several years. We started a roll out about 3 years ago and completed it in one year. We have 140 remote sites that all run at least 4 FXS lines over the WAN. Most of our remote sites only have a 64K frame relay. We do voice and data over the same PVC. Voice sounds great.

We had some problems, on voice issues, but they were configuration problems. It took a tac case or two but all is running great.

Trae

tcairns@estes-express.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content