Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Setup Configuration [WIDODOBUDI]

w.budikusumo
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody can help me...

I am setting-up VoIP for my customer. They have two sites about 1000kms apart.

For those 2 city -with different city-telephone-code- I bought 2 CISCO1750-2V routers with 2 WIC-2B-S/T for 64k ISDN Dial-up to ISPs using VPN connection with Cisco IOS IPSec 56k.

Do I have to configure the routers physically at those two cities or may be there are some tools that I can use to configure the router offline at one city (where I live at, now) then deliver the configuration to those routers?

Now I am using Cisco ConfigMaker, but is the tool reliable enough to create such configurations?

Is also there other resources that I can visit about VoIP configuration between two sites separated in distant cities?

Both cities where I implement the VoIP, have their own PABX machines.

I chose one VIC-2FXO for its HQ which has a PABX machine at one city and one VIC-2FXS for its branch at another city which also has PABX machine.

Do I tell you wrong information about VIC-2FXS that can be used on PABX system? I think it not my fault as this website http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/products/2fxs_vic.html briefly declares that at FEATURES info about Connections the VIC-2FXS supports.

The website explains that "Connects to a telephone or fax, or to a PBX or key set that emulates a telephone. Uses RJ-11 connectors."

If it is not true then CISCO should refund me as I have bought wrong VIC for my customer.

Regards,

WIDODOBUDI

Systems Engineer, Mcse, Ccna

1 Reply 1

rbodner
Level 1
Level 1

the key here is the statement "a PBX or key set that emulates a telephone. A key system can integrate with FXO or FXS....It depends, if the key system is looking for dial tone and ring voltage...then use FXS, if it is looking for a analog trunk type connection, you might need the E&M or DID card.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: