Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VoIP Setup Configuration [WIDODOBUDI]

Anybody can help me...

I am setting-up VoIP for my customer. They have two sites about 1000kms apart.

For those 2 city -with different city-telephone-code- I bought 2 CISCO1750-2V routers with 2 WIC-2B-S/T for 64k ISDN Dial-up to ISPs using VPN connection with Cisco IOS IPSec 56k.

Do I have to configure the routers physically at those two cities or may be there are some tools that I can use to configure the router offline at one city (where I live at, now) then deliver the configuration to those routers?

Now I am using Cisco ConfigMaker, but is the tool reliable enough to create such configurations?

Is also there other resources that I can visit about VoIP configuration between two sites separated in distant cities?

Both cities where I implement the VoIP, have their own PABX machines.

I chose one VIC-2FXO for its HQ which has a PABX machine at one city and one VIC-2FXS for its branch at another city which also has PABX machine.

Do I tell you wrong information about VIC-2FXS that can be used on PABX system? I think it not my fault as this website http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/products/2fxs_vic.html briefly declares that at FEATURES info about Connections the VIC-2FXS supports.

The website explains that "Connects to a telephone or fax, or to a PBX or key set that emulates a telephone. Uses RJ-11 connectors."

If it is not true then CISCO should refund me as I have bought wrong VIC for my customer.

Regards,

WIDODOBUDI

Systems Engineer, Mcse, Ccna

1 REPLY

Re: VoIP Setup Configuration [WIDODOBUDI]

the key here is the statement "a PBX or key set that emulates a telephone. A key system can integrate with FXO or FXS....It depends, if the key system is looking for dial tone and ring voltage...then use FXS, if it is looking for a analog trunk type connection, you might need the E&M or DID card.

Views
Helpful
Replies