Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VoIP solution

Hi,

I would also like to implement VOIP on a particular network on pilot basis. The District Headquarter(AP) has 3 tel. lines(POTS) ; these lines should be extended via VoIP to the 3 remotes. The 3 remotes should be able to make calls within themselves and to the PSTN network through the 3 individual tel lines. Incoming calls to the 3 tel. lines should be automatically forwarded to the VOIP in the remote.

Can anyone provide me the best & cheapest solution based on my requirement? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Deepak

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VoIP solution

the answer is 'it depends'

What kind of phones are you looking at? regular analog phones?

You could get a 3700(or similar) with the appropriate voice cards at each location - this would work. You could get IPphones and run ITS on the remote sites.

It all depends what you want to accomplish.

Re: VoIP solution

I was looking for ATA186 like devices where you plug in the regular analog phones. What would I need in the "HUB" side that transparently switchs calls from the PSTN to the VoIP circuit and vice-versa. The "HUB" side has 3 POTS. It is for rural applications hence want the cost to be bare minimum.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content