Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP through a channel bank

teltac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are planning to set up a VoIP termination system using a Cisco 2610 equipped with a VWIC MFT-T1 and an ADTRAN TSU 600e , TSU 600E will be connected to 12 C0 lines .

i am new to ADTRAN ,so i am asking if it needs a configuration to communicate to Cisco Router.

if you can provide me with sample configuration regarding ADTRAN and Cisco router 2610 , it will be very appreciated , because this case is very critical to me !!

Regards,

Ali

2 Replies 2

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

The Adtran TSU config has FXO ports which are mapped to timeslots on the T1 basically. All the adtran configs I have worked with are just 1 to 1 mappings. timeslot 1 to port 1, timeslot 2 to port 2, etc.

Theres a T1 between the adtran and Cisco.

On cisco controller interface is like this:

controller t1 1/0

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type fxo-ground-start

the type may be differ depending on your exact port type.

The ds0-group command will create a voice-port you can configure and map dial-peers to.

hello,

i would like to thank you for your reply ,

let say that i am not using all the 24 FXO ports available through the six modules of ADTRAN TSU 600e( each ADTRAN module is equipped with 4 FXO ports and i only have 15 analog lines coming from Ministry of telecom..) , shall i busyout the unused timeslots on the Cisco T1 interface ? in other words normally a T1 has a 24 timeslots and so 9 timeslots will be remained idle and unused so should i disable them ?

-question regarding the signaling running on the analog lines coming from telecom , is that fxo loopstart or groundstart ? i could not get this info form provider!? i am just asking for a similar case what will be the signaling?

( Note : i can connect a normal phone to one of these analog lines and i could talk )

Sorry for that long story

Thanks for your reply

Best Regards,

Ali.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: