Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VOIP with GRE/IPSEC..need help

Hi all

we r in a situation in which the upload VOIP from site A will be thru GRE and the return VOIP traffic to site A is IPSEC encrypted.

SITE A conencted to Central Site with normal Leased line (with ipsec its in public network)and Site B is connected to Central Site via VSAT (its in private network).so considering the network standard we r using IPSEC and GRE for these locations.

Site A access servers in Central site no issues in data accessability .Site B too accessing the servers from Central site .

when i try to make Site A and Site B to communicate , i hve created a GRE Tunnel from Site A with Central site and Routing the VOIP Traffic thru tht(since Site A in public and Site B private and Public N/W is blank about private).(both sites with diff SPs)

so one way will be GRE Encrypted upto central site once its reaches the central site it can reach the SITE B without any issues..(central site having connectivity with both the SPs)

but when it comes back (from Site B to Site A)i m not going to put any reverse route in central router thou the VOIP peer ip will be the IPSEC peer ip too.

so while coming bck it will be ipsec encrypted ..will voip work like this ??

hope i hve clearly explained the setup..

prem

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: VOIP with GRE/IPSEC..need help

I dont think without using the reverse route, thsi setup will work.

Re: VOIP with GRE/IPSEC..need help

hi

i will be putting a route in the LL connected locations for the VSAT conected lcoatins towards the GRE Tunnel.

But whenever a packet orginates from the GRE with which source ip addresss it will go out??

am i clear about my query ??

thx

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content