Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP

kingraj36
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to VoIP. So i really need some help in this scenario.

The scenario is i have two offices one in LA and other in India. Internet connection the sites is T1.

Can some one provide me with a solution or design where i can use some equipment to that can be plugged into my EPABX systems at both ends with existing T1 in place( i.e i want to use the same T1 for both VOICE and DATA) and allows me to make phone calls from one end to another.

It would be really help full for me if one can provide me with some VoIP network designs and etc.... so that i can learn a bit.

Thanks

-King

12 Replies 12

dumartin
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a link that has good information-

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/index.shtml

I would suggest you contact a local Cisco SE to assist you. They can advise you on the hardware needed. To do voice you need special cards that hold DSP's as well as specail IOS that supports voice.

One special note with regards to India, dont do any toll bypass as they dont allow it.

By that I mean dont let a caller in LA dial a local number in India over your VoIP link and the same in reverse, Im sure its India that doesn't allow it, best check to be sure.

Gary

Hi,

Just curious, when you are saying Telco at India doesn't allow call to local pstn via VoIP link, is it regulation-wise or techincal-wise?

Thanks,

Goku

Regulatory.

Not trying to be a comic and am new to VoIP but how could regulatory body in India know if someone was doing local PSTN call over a VoIP link from the US?. I thought if it was configured properly the call would appear to originate in India from the local PBX.

I suppose I better back up my claims now :)

This isn't the document I saw about it, but it states the same thing: -

http://216.239.35.100/search?q=cache:pOIJ44sIK0UC:www.trai.gov.in/IP%2520TELEPHONY%2520VERSION-final.doc+toll-bypass+%2B+india+%2B+regulations&hl=en&ie=UTF8

And no, there is no way they could actually know your doing it when you break out locally.

Actually it states "public" internet on the long distance carrier section, anyway, I'd advise you check before doing toll-bypass with the India telco's.

Never doubteed you Gary ! :) Just seems quite odd is all. Why regulate this when for all intents and purposes they can't control it? Hope Pakistan doesn't find this out or they might start doing it just to piss India off.

we better not start any banter like that on here.

Yes I does seem rather strange though.

Gary,

I beleive INDIA is allowing VoIP these days.

Thanks

-Ram

alan.basinger
Level 1
Level 1

King,

Not trying to be rude here but I have never known anyone to learn anything if someone else does the work for them...

It would be really help full for me if one can provide me with some VoIP network designs and etc.... so that i can learn a bit.

Thanks

-King

This being said you evidently have access to the same reading material as the rest of us do: CCO, Cisco Press, so you may just want to spend a little time reading and studying to better understand the technology.

Otherwise your ansers are in the most basic of VOIP books CVOICE. The configuration should take all of 10 minutes for bother sides. The studying to understand what your doing will take ????

Regards,

Alan

Alan,

Thank You Very Much For ur advice......

I already admitted that i am very new to this area....i just need a heads up to get started.....

Thanks Again

-King

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: