Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VOIP

what are the things on which I should take care while implementing VOIP

4 REPLIES

Re: VOIP

Scaling needs to be carefully considered. This depends on whether or not you will be using VoIP to rollout to desktops, or if you will be using this technology to replace tie lines.

Dial plans need to be drawn up and you should take into account future growth.

QoS is essential, and RSVP may cause you pain. It is worth considering using images 12.1(3a)XI4 or 12.1.5T as they synchronise H.323 to RSVP - something previous images were not doing.

I hope this is helpful

Greg

firstly you must thoroughly check your existing IP network ( for Voice integration I mean ) ie bandwidth, delay, relability. As mentioned earlier, scalability is something that is a major aspect, also flexibilty!

The planning and design of this entire network has to be well thought out! like say if you are going to later on go to implement VoFR or VoATM!

Complexity of VoIP is another interesting part to have a look at! it is much better than VoFR or VoATM but can be quite difficult to implemtent, again this relates back to the Design issues!!

After all this is done, all you have to look at is the H/W needed for your design!

Well I guess these are just the basics, but a good thing to always look back upon!

hope it's useful! :)

Harish Palagummi

Hello Sammer

Could you explain what you want?

Sumeer,

Here is something to keep in mind if you will be deploying VOIP over Frame-relay: The Frame-Relay Fragmentation feature is not available on all model of routers, regardless of the IOS revision being used (12.x and so on)

You may find yourself replacing routers in the cloud so they can run frame-relay fragmentation, even if they do not run VOIP, simply because they share an aggregation point (common physical interface) that other VOIP routers are pointing to.

Steve L.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content