Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VoIP

Can I terminate a voice call (a toll free number) in UK to the VoIP setup. What I want to do is

1. Have a toll free number in UK .

2. Have Cisco routers at UK and India.

3. Have a Leased circuit between India and UK.

4. When any one calls the UK toll free number the call should be routed to the IP phones in India.

If yes can you explain this to me.

3 REPLIES

Re: VoIP

I beleive the direct-inward-dial feature allows such a thing, but i am not sure of the direction (voip -->pstn, or the other way around). But i know you can do what you are trying to do.

Yes, you can,

I assume you have fixed IP address on India side.

You have to identify which VoIP protocol the IP phone supports (h.323 or SIP).

Then you have to build on the UK VG side, dial peer with the direct-inward-dial command that points to the IP address of the remote phone plus the protocol type (SIPv2, RAS or IPv4).

Yes. You can certainly do this and as a matter of fact, most of the call centers in India are doing the same way. You can have a Toll free number from the local telecom authority in UK. This E1 links are terminated on router co-located in UK. There would be an IPLC between the co-located router and the router in India. The agents based in India will be attending the calls. You can have this done through any 3600 router co-located at UK whereas the IPLC in India can be terminated on the IGX which in turn can be connected to EPABX / IVR for the agents to attend the calls.

Views
Helpful
Replies