Views
Helpful
Replies

Volume low when playing voice mail from the speaker using VMO

rpurohit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have installed Unity 3.1.5(UM) integrated with CM.When I access vm from phone it is working fine.I have configured my VMO to play the message from my local system speaker(when configured for phone is working fine) but the volume is very very low.I tried playing other *.wav file & is working fine.where should I change the setting to increase the volume when I play from the speaker.

2.I have configured my outlook to download all new mails to my personal folder.Is there a way to retain only my voice mails in the mailbox.Should I add a filter on my outlook or can I configure this on the server.

Request your suggestion on this ASAP

Rajendra

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

so you have the volume bar on the VMO playback bar cranked up and it's still too quiet?

Yes, you can create inbox rules to move mail other than voice mail - if you're doing server side rules you can filter on messages that have a message class of IPM.Note.Voice.Unity. If you're using client side rules you can actually trigger on messages that are associated with the VMO form itself and choose to leave them in the inbox instead of moving them.

Hi Linborg

Thanks for replying.if you have a url for the server side please mail it to me.

Regarding low volume when played through the speaker(VMO) please let me know how to solve this problem.It is working fine when played with any other wav file & I have given full volume.

Expecting your reply at the earliest.

Regards

Rajendra.

Hi Lindborg,

If Possible please let me know about low volume prolem through speaker at the earliest as I have to rivert back to the customer.

Regds

Rajendra

I asked if you moved the volume bar on the VMO form up and you didn't answer me. If that's been moved I have nothing more to suggest. WAV files recorded from different sources are, of course, going to have varying volumes and just because "other" WAV files you play "sound fine" doesn't mean the playback volume from those recorded by Unity are somehow "broken" because they're lower.

The volume bar on the VMO form is there to adjust for this. If you've moved that up and it's still too low to hear over the speakers then I don't know what else to suggest.

Also, the forum is not the place to be demanding faster answers - if you're in that big of a hurry that an hour delay causes you agitation, you should contact TAC for assistance.

Hey Jeff,

I am also experiencing this problem... except if you listen real close you can hear it on the phone as well. I have been through the 3.1(4) audio quality doc in the manual and it doesn't help too much. My prompts vs messages are fine. The problem is that messages seem to play ok, then the volume drops out, then returns to normal... it does this over and over. I cannot reproduce the problem but I have had multiple people complain of this problem.

I have considered disabling the AGC, but not sure if that is going down the right path or not.

Any thoughts ???

--Jon