cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Volume lower

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Integration between unity 3.14( upgraded from 3.13 ) with NEC2000, caller from outside are hearing lower volume greeting or voice mail , but it's little better when listen voice mail or greeting internally.Can this be solved by using set volume utility?

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'd only want to use the set volume utility if the greetings and voice names in your system were louder or quieter than the base prompt set on Unity... if you have callers from the outside having problems with playback volume and callers internall not , then it's very likely not an issue with Unity - you'll probably want to get some help from the NEC folks in adjusting the volume levels for folks coming in from the outside.

But I found that couple registry values are different from Cisco recommendation:

AGCsampleSize is 20000(Decimal), Cisco says 8000,

AGCgainthreshold is 40, Cisco says 5

AGCtargetDB4294967270(Hexffffffe6),Cisco says -26

Do you think it's necessary for me to change that to Cisco recommended value? By the way why they are not default number? Thanks

The updated values didn't get decided on until the release of 3.1(4), they are not forced to new values on upgrades so the older values (the ones you show) that shiped with 3.1(3) will still be there.

FFFFFFE6 is -26 by the way... the RegEdit can't show negative numbers so it shows them in hex... no need to fiddle with that value.

Again, though, this would have nothing to do with your problem. Unity doesn't make any distinction between internal and external callers for volume issues. If internal callers are OK and external callers complain it's too quiet, you're simply going to have to engage the NEC folks for help from their end.

I see . But do I need to ACGsamplesize from 20000 to 8000 before run setvolume if both external and internal having volume issue?

The AGCSampleSize registry key determines the size of the audio sample we'll normalize at one time. When users complain of static or garbled audio, we have them lower this value to 8000 (if it's not already there) to decrease the sample size. If you're having problems with volume, then changing this value probably won't buy you anything.

adam

How about AGCgainthreshold ,Cisco recommends 5, but our Unity 40? will this impact volume?

cfortanb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you adjust the volume level on the dialogics boards themselves?

Yes, there's a place somewhere in the Dialogic TSP I believe where you can change this. Back in the day I've heard of customers doing this and editing the WaveDBGain settings as well.

adam