Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Volume On Incomming/Outgoing POTs

The vloume on all calls that route through gateways connected to POTS lines are a bit too low. I checked the phone volume and this is not the problem. Currently Input Gain is set to -4Db and Output Attenuation is at 4Db. Is it as simple as changing these settings? Any suggestions are appreciated...

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Volume On Incomming/Outgoing POTs

Decrease the output attenuation. Try using 0 for starters.

The volume is too low on incomming calls (I didnt specify in my previous post). Will Output Attenuation fix this, or is it the Input Gain setting? Thanks!

Cisco Employee

Those commands apply the same way regardless of whether the call is coming in or going out. The "input" and "output" are referring to the direction of the audio with regards to the DSP, not the direction of the call.

Dave;

I've got the same low volume issue. My VG200 (mgcp)ports are set to attenuation 0 and gain 0. I've tried changing the gain to 14 and hear no difference in the volume of the unity greeting. The attenuation is already at 0. How can I get the volume up ?

I have another VG200 with a T-1 (H.323) port. The Unity volume is fine on calls into that one.

Rob

Cisco Employee

Are you saying that when you call into the FXO port from the PSTN, that the Unity greeting is too soft?

If that is the case, you need to set the output attenuation to a negative value in order to actually increase the signal of the outbound audio. Note that you can only do negative outbound attenuation in 12.2 images.

Dave:

Yes. That's exactly the case.

I'll upgrade to a 12.2 version and try setting the attenuation to a negative number.

thanks

rob

Dave:

It worked! Changed IOS to 12.2, then changed attenuation to -3db on ports. Volume heard by outside caller increased to an acceptable level.

Thanks again

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies