Views
Helpful
Replies

Volume on Unity

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I need some help; desperately. The users on my network complained previously about the volume being low on recordings and unity prompts. This was inspite of having AGC turned on. I then proceeded to increase the gain for playback and this solved the problem for a while. The volume then seemed to go low again inspite of the fact that the Advanced Settings tool revealed the new setting.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,

Ade

3 Replies 3

I have gone through the steps before, and they worked. The problem I have now is that, for some inexplicable reason, the volume just decreased agin without any change to the settings. I do not really know where to look. I suspect that the TSP may have something to do with it. Is there a way to adjust or tweak it for a higher volume gain.

Regards,

Ade

You can use the WavGain utility to adjust the playback volumen on the fly without having to reboot... you'll find this tool in the Tools Depot.

Remember, this will change the playback boost but when you restart Unity or reboot it'll go back to whatever it's default are in the registry... the WavGain tool doesn't write the dB boost levels into the registry.