Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

VPN and CM

HI

Centralized topology with 2 remotes.

HQ(AD2003/E2003) has CM/413 and UM 4.1

The other 2 sites are small offices of roughly 30 folks per site. Each remote is on its own AD/Exchange and does not want to merge with HQ's AD/exchagne. Also, customer is going cheap so don't want a dedicated T1 or mpls so debating frac T1 or full T1 for both internet or Voip but at any point, so to meet customer's need, there will be a VPN back to HQ for VoIP calls traffic including VM to check messages in VMO mode.

Any caveats with this, design tips, or any other inputs will be welcome.

Thx

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: VPN and CM

That will be tough for you.....

I guess you have to make sure there is enough bandwidth for IP Phone, or any applications.

You have to know how much bandwidth they need to use at peak time.....

Technically, we have same situation, we use 2811 with VIC2-FXS (Fax), VIC2-FXO (Carrier), AIM-VPN/EPII-PLUS, 16-ports inline-power etherswitch, SRST, PVDM2-16 and of course QoS out. And we have 10MB ethernet to internet. The remote office only have 10 people with 10 IP Phones (7960), which has no problem at all.

User use our main T1 PRI make call and recieve call. SRST kicks in if there is no network connectivity, then they can use FXO to make call and recieve call during SRST.

Hope thats help.

Ken

Bronze

just curious, did you you mgcp or h323. Typically, I go with mgcp but in this scenario, I am not too sure

Bronze

H.323 because support caller-id.

MGCP dont support caller-id for FXO.

Please rate this post if it helps

Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies