Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

VWIC-2MFT-T1 Connect to PBX and DATA WAN for VOIP

Assuming I use the NM-HDV module, can I connect one T1 port on the VWIC-2MFT-T1 to my PBX, convert to VOIP, and use the other T1 port to connect across my DATA WAN passing IP data and voice to the other side?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: VWIC-2MFT-T1 Connect to PBX and DATA WAN for VOIP

Yes you can absolutely do that. You would configure one controller for voice (with ds0-group or pri-group, depending on whether you are doing CAS or ISDN) and then you can configure your other controller for data (with channel group). Good Luck!

Re: VWIC-2MFT-T1 Connect to PBX and DATA WAN for VOIP

Thanks, I thought I saw some documentation that inferred that I would require a separate T1 (WIC-1T) to pass the IP data (Including IP voice) if I used the NM-HDV.

I also noticed that I can't order off the dynamic configurator a NM-HDV with a two port MFT card, VWIC-2MFT-T1, without ordering with 4 pvdm's and the drop insert version of the MFT card (NM-HDV-2T1-48).

SO I would have a 2610XM with an NM-HDV module with a VWIC-2MFT-T1, I only need to pass twelve voice calls across the IP infrastructure so I would only need 1PVDM-12, part number would be NM-HDV-2T1-12?????? Or would I have to order everything seprately?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content