cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC-2MFT-T1 Connect to PBX and DATA WAN for VOIP

dvaggalis
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming I use the NM-HDV module, can I connect one T1 port on the VWIC-2MFT-T1 to my PBX, convert to VOIP, and use the other T1 port to connect across my DATA WAN passing IP data and voice to the other side?

2 Replies 2

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

Yes you can absolutely do that. You would configure one controller for voice (with ds0-group or pri-group, depending on whether you are doing CAS or ISDN) and then you can configure your other controller for data (with channel group). Good Luck!

Thanks, I thought I saw some documentation that inferred that I would require a separate T1 (WIC-1T) to pass the IP data (Including IP voice) if I used the NM-HDV.

I also noticed that I can't order off the dynamic configurator a NM-HDV with a two port MFT card, VWIC-2MFT-T1, without ordering with 4 pvdm's and the drop insert version of the MFT card (NM-HDV-2T1-48).

SO I would have a 2610XM with an NM-HDV module with a VWIC-2MFT-T1, I only need to pass twelve voice calls across the IP infrastructure so I would only need 1PVDM-12, part number would be NM-HDV-2T1-12?????? Or would I have to order everything seprately?