cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWICC-1MFT-E1

godzilla0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there! Tonight I have to configure and get up and running two of these interfaces for incoming and outgoing calls. with 2 pri ISDN type connections. Can somebody please give me ONLY a clear configuration sample of 1 of these WIC's to get it up and running ? Thank you. I know the type of ISDN we use is isdn switch-type primary-net5

Thank you a lot !

9 Replies 9

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

Since you don't state what your call processing system is, we can only provide the E1/router side of the setup.

Please see the following link for E1 PRI configuration:

(follow the simple ISDN PRI Task List for your type of circuit)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1/termserv/configuration/guide/dcdchant.html#wp1000940

(you only need E1 PRI and Serial Interface config for your most basic setup)

Well, the scenario is as follows: two PRI channels, two VWIC interfaces. I just need to get the inbound calls by the first VWIC interface and the outbound calls by the second interface. It's a cisco 2.800 router. I think with that explanation I can get the interface working but not the PRI channel. Can somebody try to help me a bit more ? I need to know how to make work those PRI channels the right way.

see if this helps with is for T1 though so timeslots would be different

*** Note the numbers im using here is just for example purposes

network-clock-participate wic 0

network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/0

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /868123..../ /7500/ (Where i want the call to go - either operator or auto attendant dn etc)

voice translation-profile Public

translate called 1

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

clock source line primary

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-24

description Main Number Incoming Only

interface Serial0/0/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-dms100

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

dial-peer voice 4 pots

description Incoming calls to PSTNXXXX Numbers

translation-profile incoming Public

incoming called-number 86862[347]....

direct-inward-dial

With that you should be able to call in from the PSTN and receive a call(once your pilot DN is reachable from the gateway)

if you do not want to go through all of that you can configure the Controller and Serial as above and you should see a voice port now. for TESTING you can just configure a connection PLAR to ensure that incoming calls are working.

there are a few more things to have this working in/out and as well the DID numbers.

once you confirm that both PRIs are working, configure a POTS dial-peer and associate the voice-port for the second PRI to enable only that circuit to place outgoing calls.

hope i was clear

Hey thanks for that. I'm going to try tonight again. Can you please explain what is a connection PLAR ? Thanks.

a PLAR (Private Line Automatic Ringdown) is just for you to redirect the incoming call to a specific DN whether it be to a phone extension or hunt pilot number or what. Use this just to TEST that the PRI to Gateway to Call Manager to Phone is working and use the transation profiles when going live. Make sure and always test your translations as well.

Ok, I get it. Last week I've been doing a lot of dial-peer stuff so I think I can just test it straight away. Another thing. I've got two vwic cards. 0 is for the incoming PRI and 1 is for outgoing ( two PRI lines total ). Do I have to :

network-clock-participate wic 1

network-clock-select 1 E1 x/x/x

for the vwic 1 ( outgoing too ? )

Yes. But -select will use a lower priority. Note the are two ports versions of the cards.

Ahmmm, sorry but each of these VWIC has only 1 pri port. Do you meant I have to do the same but without -select ? Thank you a lot for your help, you're really effective!

As a good practice, always configure -select with a different priority for each controller in use.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: