cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VXML and IVR on Cisco AS5400

godzilla0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we have now two AS5400 gateways on our project, and we were looking for a solution to program IVR based on VXML. Surprisingly, looking in to the documenteation I noticed that our gateways are supporting those technoliges ! Can somebody explain what is the way to integrate and use the VXML layer and the IVR programming tool 2.0 ? I can't find any documentation talking explicitly of that field in these gateways. An explanation and some links to good information about it will be very welcome. Thank you in advance and have a good day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the most info is in "TCL/IVR 2.0 programming guide". Then there are few additional documents, application guide, etc.

The feature is mostly independent from hardware platform used.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the most info is in "TCL/IVR 2.0 programming guide". Then there are few additional documents, application guide, etc.

The feature is mostly independent from hardware platform used.

Thank you very much for the information.

Can you point me to some basic scripts to test them on our gateways ? Thank you very much !

Hi, sorry I wrote some TCL/IVR scripts, but never any VXML one.

ghedge
Level 1
Level 1

A simple "Hello World" vxml script for a Cisco IVR gateway would be...

Unless you have a compatible Nuance text-to-teach server you have to use pre-recorded audio that is servered up internally from the router / gateway's flash or from an external web server. The audio must be in a very specific audio format with an "au" extension or you won't hear anything.

You must have an IOS version and hardware platform that supports VXML obviously. The vxml browser is built-in to the code. You place the application either on the router / gateway or on an external webserver and add it into the IOS dial-peer configuration.

There is a VXML 2.0 standard and than there is what Cisco says that the IOS VXML supports with 2.0 and then there is what really works. And then there are the differences on what works on one hardware platform and not the other. It takes a lot of experience and effort to get a working VXML IVR application if you are doing anything complex.

The good news is that IOS VXML works with php, javascript, etc. so it is possible to do complex scripts and have it interface with outside data.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: