cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wav file name of openning greeting

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

what's the wav file name of the default unity opening greeting?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not real sure why you'd need to know the specific wav file name for the greeting - you shouldn't be going through and changing greetings and voice names directly on the WAV files on the hard drive, you should be going through the media master control on the SA interface to update those files so the system knows they've been updated.

Any particular reason you need the specific file name?

We use unity opeenning greet as customer backdoor VM access greeting. Today when we called this backdoor number, the system prompt the system is temporary unable to complete your call.But the frond end greeting is still working.I changed the backdoor call handler from openning greeting handler to a custmized call handler, it works. I guess this openning greeting call handler corrupt. So I am going to create a new call handler for the backdoor VM access but we still want keep that default opeening greeting. That's reason.

Thanks

we should probably figure out what's going wrong with the opening greeting call handler since that guy gets used still (i.e. as the exit point for folks leaving their mailboxes in 3.x systems etc...).

What's the error in the event log when you access the opening greeting? Does dbWalker report any errors for that mailbox? Have you verified that both the owner and message recipient for that call handler are still valid objects in Unity's database? What shows up on the media master control for the active greeting off the opening greeting call handler?

Poblem was fixed by re-creating a new handler!

1. The error in the event log for unity is "Unable to retrive the properties for the call handler in the greetings conversation. The database might be corrupted." Event ID is 146.

2. There are two errors for this handler in dbwalker output log file. The first one is:

"(error) Voice name WAV file missing. Path referenced for file=C:\CommServer\Stream files\xxxxx.wav"

The second one is

"(error) the recipient for this call hander is a missing subscriber with an ObjectID={BC9687B9-F449-42F2-BF6C-4513B628EB53} You can try fix this by reselecting the 'message recipient' for this call handler on it's messasges page in the SA."

3. Checked the invalid hardler setting, found the "message recipient"field is showed up" Invalid link: Message recipient deleted", for the new handler is "Unity Installer Account". So i think the problem should be here, bu what reseaon would cause this issue??

the most common cause for the error there is assigning an owner and/or recipient for a call handler that is then later removed - commonly this happens when sites opt to remove the Example Administrator account and don't first replace that user as an owner/recipient for handlers (it's the default for all objects created by setup including the opening greeting).

Teh voice name wav file being missing is not a big deal, by the way, and would not have prevented the call handler from being loaded - the problem was definitely an invalid message recipient - we wont load the handler in the case to avoid recording a message from a caller that we then can't deliver.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: