cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wav files

swarford
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Unity 3.x. I've purchased a PocketPC 2002 and am retrieving my voice mail via a wireless network connection. When Unity messages come down, the voice mail message is stored on the PocketPC as an attachment to the e-mail in the PocketPC Inbox, as expected. Further, the .wav file is associated with an audio player in the PocketPC. When I press the play button, the audio player acts as if the .wav file is zero length, although the size of the attachment is obviously the expected size.<br><br>Two questions... Do you know of this issue, and is there a workaround? If not, can you provide the specifications for the .wav file that is being stored? If I had more data about the .wav file, I think I could probably take that to Microsoft for some assistance.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Stu Warford<br>Director Telecommunications Services<br>Pepperdine University<br>Malibu, CA 90263

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

By default we record all files in 711 MuLaw (8KB/sec). You can, however, change the default recording format to any valid codec installed on the Unity server. Use the SetRecordFormat.exe tool for this found under \commserver\utilities.

Other folks using hand helds have found that GSM 6.10 works (and is nicely compressed at about 4KB/sec).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)