Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wav to Text or higher volume

I have some users that are legally Deaf and use hearing aids to be apart of the hearing world. They are able to use the 7940 phones for phone calls but are having difficulties hearing the Unified messages. The ideal setup would be converting the Voice message to Text, but getting more volume on the v-mail will help if the first option is not an option. Right now they have receptionists transcribe there v-mail. Not good use of resources. Any options would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES

Re: Wav to Text or higher volume

Sorry, forgot ver. 4.0.2 Unity CM 3.3.3

Cisco Employee

Currently there is not speech to text capability available in Unity - it's something we looked at via 3rd party apps a while ago and the reliability/quality just wasn't there (and they're pretty expensive and hit the CPU rather hard). I don't think this is on the radar at the moment that I know of but as with all such requests it's best to ask your account team to enter a PERs request so the product folks know it's something desired in the field and that it's worth spending some time/resources/$$$ on.

I don't believe the TTS engine can be tweeked to crank the volume of it's output specifically but I'll run it past the media folks and see what they have to say. So if you turn up the playback volume in Unity for that subscriber (something you can do either over the phone or from the conversation page in the SA) and use the volume on the phone it's still not loud enough?

Cisco Employee

The media guys pointed me at this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/text_speech.html

in there you'll find a troubleshooting chapter and a section titled "The volume of the voice is too loud or too soft compared to the volume of regular voice messages." - it talks about adjusting the "TTS Median Volume" value in the registry to bump up the TTS specific volume compared to the rest of the message playback.

The value defaults to "50" which means "medium" - it maxes out at "100" which is very loud - I'd bump it up 10 at a time and test to find the right level. Changes to this key require a Unity restart before they take effect so you'll have to plan some time when you can take the system off line for testing.

Cisco Employee

oops... those settings are specific to Dialogic integrations - apparently the other audio drivers (i.e. for CM) don't support those "median value" keys changing...

I'll keep digging around and see if there's anything else here.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content