Views
Helpful
Replies

WaveGain for Playback

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I adjusted the playback gain on my Unity server about two weeks ago as the users complained that it was too quiet (even with the AGC turned on). I did not adjust the volume for recording, only playback. I tested it and the users confirmed that it was much better.

However, I received another call today saying it had become quiet again. I tried it and found out it was true. I checked the registry and the new setting was still appropriately applied. Is there something else I should have done?

Thanks for your help in advance.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, once you have the playback volume adjusted and you set the registry key you should be done. There could be messages and/or greetings recorded that are quieter than the rest (i.e. they were recorded before you had your AGC settings applied). Can you verify if it's something along these lines vs. everyone indicating the entire conversation is quiet?

Hi Jeff,

That's what I thought as well. To the best of my knowledge, AGC has always been turned on on this system. When I adjusted the wavegain playback and tested it, I observed a marked increase in the playback volume. Apparently, this lated for a few days and the volume went low again. However, the registry still reflects the new value.

Regards,