Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web and exe port status not matching

Unity 315, Intecom Pointspan switch, E2K off box

Viewing the web status monitor, I see two number being dialed as if in a loop. The exe status monitor does not show the port being used even though the web monitor does.

I tried the Out Call Billing Report but cannot find the numbers I see being dialed.

Any ideas what's up?

TIA.

Sabas Chois

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Web and exe port status not matching

yeah, I just asked some of the QA folks about the outdial stuff and they told me the exe monitor should show this (except for MWI output apparently). Odd that it's not showing up but it is in the web monitor.

There are a couple tables to look in – first, I’d check the NotificationDevices table and search the DlvDevicePhoneNumber field for a match – if a match is not found there I’d look in the NotificationMWI table under the MWIExtension column for a match (this would be odd but it’s possible there’s a dial string in an MWI device you’re seeing).

If neither of those turn up anything, I guess the next place to look is the DTMFAccessID table under the DTMFAccessID column – this is all the IDs for all objects in the database – there may be a match there that would equate to an “X” replacement string in the above MWIExtension column.

If none of those turn up matches I’ll have to scratch my head a little on this one…

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The port status monitor .exe doesn't show outdial information I believe so that makes sense.

Can you see the number being dialed? If so, we can search SQL for it and see if we can trace it back to the source - I'm assuming it's a notification device dialing out or something similiar (i.e. a pager dialout number or the like).

Jeff:

I am seeing out dial information for other calls. It's telling me the subscriber, device and number it's dialing.

Yes, I can see the numbers Unity is dialing. What tables should I look for the number or if you have the sql query to use, I can plug in the numbers.

TIA.

Sabas

Cisco Employee

yeah, I just asked some of the QA folks about the outdial stuff and they told me the exe monitor should show this (except for MWI output apparently). Odd that it's not showing up but it is in the web monitor.

There are a couple tables to look in – first, I’d check the NotificationDevices table and search the DlvDevicePhoneNumber field for a match – if a match is not found there I’d look in the NotificationMWI table under the MWIExtension column for a match (this would be odd but it’s possible there’s a dial string in an MWI device you’re seeing).

If neither of those turn up anything, I guess the next place to look is the DTMFAccessID table under the DTMFAccessID column – this is all the IDs for all objects in the database – there may be a match there that would equate to an “X” replacement string in the above MWIExtension column.

If none of those turn up matches I’ll have to scratch my head a little on this one…

While I was waiting I did find the table and ran queries against it. The Notification Devices and DlvDevicePhoneNumber did the trick. As It turns out, there were two, one subscriber had the pager to dial a non-working number(switch is in a different lata than the person). The other one was having the spare phone device dial his secretary whom has Unity, so we had a loop there.

I see an opportunity here. Finding these two problem was no trivial. At least it is not possible from the SA.

Thanks for your help.

Sabas

Cisco Employee

Yes, I think there is an opportunity here... the Audio Text Manager already has the ability to search for alternate extensions and transfer numbers but I should add notification devices to the list of searchable strings...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content